Julie Delahunt has served as Human Resources Director since 2005. She evaluates thousands of employee applicants each year – and attends numerous career fairs to build relationships with upcoming students. Along with recruiting, Julie is responsible for employee relations, benefits coordination, performance reviews, new hire orientation, compensation analysis, and policies and procedures development. Julie has a passion for teaching young people about construction career opportunities and translates that passion into volunteer efforts with area industry and university-related groups. Julie is an employee owner of Joeris General Contractors, Ltd.
Southwest Texas State University 1983
Bachelor of Science Education, concentration in Journalism
Minor in Speech Communications
Favorite activity at work:
Getting to know my fellow employees and their families – there is a great group of people at Joeris.
Favorite activity outside of work:
I’m an outdoor enthusiast, and I love quiet time at our lake house on Lake Amistad or at our deer lease in Quihi.
- Chair, ABC Workforce Development Committee, 2009 to present
- Chair, ABC Apprenticeship Committee, 2008 – 2009
- Member, ABC Apprenticeship Committee, 2007
- Education Committee member, CFMA, 2007 to present Guest Speaker
- Construction Science Professional Studies Class at Texas A&M Panelist
- Pathways to Career Event for School of Business at UTSA
- ABC Volunteer Member of the Year, 2008