The Gruene Harley Davidson facility was designed to mimic a variety of the historic buildings that still sit along the town’s main street. The design team at Charles Pope & Associates Architects, in collaboration with the owners, designed a structure that, from the outside, resembles the barns that dot- ted the area throughout the cotton farming years. The main structure is a metal build- ing with a standing seam metal roof that is a combined single slope and gambrel (barn-like) roof line. The building’s main entrance is marked by a two-story square shaped lobby, faced in vintage style red brick on both the exterior and interior.
The resulting facade is reminiscent of the town’s original general store built in the mid 1800’s. The remaining exterior walls are finished in a combination of vertical and horizontal metal siding. Split cedar posts were used in the parking areas as curbs and sidewalks were constructed using wood accents.
OWNER: Halpat, Inc.
SQUARE FOOTAGE: 25,000
ARCHITECT: Charles Pope & Assoc.
COMPLETION DATE: July 2006