Joeris is pleased to welcome Joel Benavides, AIA, as Director of the company’s Healthcare and Higher Education markets.
Joel brings 10 years of experience as an architect working on projects on a local, national, and international scale. Joel started his journey in the construction industry in 2006 as a Project Manager Intern. He then received his bachelor’s and master’s degrees in Architecture as well as an MBA from Texas Tech University. Joel most recently served as Vice President of HKS architecture firm in Dallas, Texas. Joel’s experience will solidify Joeris’ commitment to portfolio diversification as the company looks to enhance its strong reputation as a K-12 and retail builder by expanding its focus on higher education, industrial, medical, office, recreation, and more.
Joel’s Higher Education projects include:
- Couva City Children’s Hospital – Trinidad & Tobago
- City Cancer Center – Sofia, Bulgaria
- ProMedica Health Generations of Care Tower – Toledo, Ohio
- Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center – Jacksonville, Florida
- Boca Raton Regional Hospital Acute Care Tower – Boca Raton, Florida
- Tampa General Tower Expansion – Tampa, Florida
- Parkland Breast Health Center – Dallas, Texas
- Studer Children’s Hospital | Bubba Watson Boulevard – Pensacola, Florida
- HCA Las Palmas Women’s Center Tower – El Paso, Texas
- HCA Medical City Frisco M.O.B. – Frisco, Texas
- Cardiovascular Institute of the South ASC/Clinic – Gray, Louisiana
- San Antonio State Hospital Replacement Facility – San Antonio, Texas
- Children’s Hospital of San Antonio Teammates for Kids – San Antonio, Texas
- University of Texas RGV – Cancer & Surgery Center
- University of Texas SouthWest – State Hospital Replacement Facility
- TCU Ed & Rae Schollmaier Basketball Arena – Fort Worth, Texas
Joel was recently featured in San Antonio Business Journal’s People on the Move.
Joeris General Contractors is an employee-owned firm with a mission to transform people and places in the communities we work. Since 1967, Joeris has been building Texas with a sense of passion and purpose greater than just the physical structures we construct. With over 50 years of experience, Joeris has led more than $6 Billion in construction in the Texas marketplace across our offices in San Antonio, Dallas, Austin and Houston. Joeris provides clients with the most experienced, professional team in the state, building in markets including Retail and Mixed-Use, Commercial Office, Healthcare, Industrial, K-12, and Higher Education.