The new state-of-the-art Women and Children’s Hospital at University Hospital will help University Health better serve the unique health needs of women, babies, and children while providing a supportive, compassionate, and welcoming environment for patients and their families.
- A new tower designed to meet the needs of women, babies, and children
- New parking structure
- Additional shell space for future growth
- Advanced Diagnostics Center (heart, vascular, and advanced endoscopy suite) in the Sky Tower
Special amenities for the moms and babies include:
- Dedicates OB/GYN Emergency Department
- Large, private labor and delivery suites
- Dedicated OB/GYN operating suites
- Highest level NICU connected to the Labor & Delivery Unit
- Waiting lounge for families
- Spacious, private inpatient rooms (with plenty of space for a family member to stay overnight)
- Mom’s sleeping suite for mothers who return to the NICU to breastfeed babies
- Family Living Centers
New amenities for sick and injured children include:
- Dedicated Children’s Emergency Department
- Over-sized kid-friendly private rooms
- Pediatric Rehab Gym
- Family Resource Centers
- Family-friendly nutrition stations on every unit
- ChildLife Center with a theatre, movie lounge, game room, and indoor playground
This is a joint venture project between Joeris and JE Dunn.
Did you know University Health partnered with Joeris on their Phase 2 Campus-wide Renovations at University Hospital in 2018? We are honored to continue building Texas’ vital healthcare infrastructure with University Health.